What do I want to write about? This was the question that I ask myself when I started writing. There are so many things to talk about and it is amazing that nothing comes up. It took me quite a while before sitting down and get my thoughts together.
Children are my concern and they have being as long as I can remember. We live in a country where fortunally the majority of children have food and an education. But what about the children around the world. Those who don't have a shelter, food, or an education. We focused only on our "needs and wants" that we forget that there is a world around us. Yes, it is easy to just close our eyes and pretend that we are blind. Why? because it is not our business. And this is how we want to make a difference???
I have always argued: If we want to make this place a better world to live in, then why doesn't the government start by doing something and really help other countries without waiting for something in return? The United States has become what we may consider an "empire". We need to keep in mind from the past that every empire has fallen.
For example, the war in Iraq. Is it ever going to end? The United States spends more money on its military than all the nations combined. The war is not a necessity and the money is just going down the drain. The money can be use for the children around the world who are in need of medical attention, food, shelter, and an education. But at the end, this are just my thoughts!!!!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm glad that you were finally able to collect your thoughts. :)
After reading your post, I'm left wondering if anyone who supports the war on Iraq considers what it has done to the children on both sides. We have kids here whose fathers, and sometimes mothers, are now dead. There are so many more kids in Iraq who are now orphans as a result of the war. We have the resources and wealth to take care of the kids here whose parent has died, but the Iraqi kids don't have that luxury. . .And when they grow up hating us, we'll wonder why.
I agree with your points. Adults/government always say the children are the next generation but they are not really doing anything. Instead they cut the budget for the education and put their mind into something that can be change if they change one thing. But, things like helping children and education, it takes time to change and if you miss that opportunity, its hard to bring it back. my parents told me that there are only certain years that you can be a student so cherish those moments.
Post a Comment